The Hubster and I have been committed to 80 Day Obsession and one of the keys to the program is the nutrition. It made me so aware of how much I had begun to let my meal prep game slack. I hear so many people say that meals are their downfall on the health and wellness journey. Since they say abs are made in the kitchen it is essential that our eating be on track with what we are doing in the gym to make sure we get optimal results.
Without further ado… Amanda’s top 10 tools for meal prepping a snap!
1. Meal Prep Containers: Having containers that will allow you to portion out your meals and make your fridge or freezer a hub for healthy eating is essential. Here is a link to some of my favorites! http://amzn.to/2C1DSx6
2. Instant Pot: You may or may not be familiar with this handy dandy electric pressure cooker. It has absolutely revolutionized my meals and meal prep. I often double recipes and make enough for at least two dinners or a couple of lunches. Frozen chicken breasts in 15minutes? YES PLEASE!!! http://amzn.to/2qaXH3J
3. Smart Crock Pot: This is not your average crock pot. This has a timer you set and once it has completed the allotted time it automatically switches over to low. When you are working an 8+ hour day it feels nice to come home to completely dried out crock pot meals! http://amzn.to/2EpwSvk
4. Portion Fix Containers: These are the portion fix containers that you use with many Beachbody programs (like 21 Day Fix, Hammer & Chisel, Body Beast, 80 Day Obsession and more). I love them because they are perfectly portioned and are a great on the go container because each doesn’t just measure but has a lid too!!https://amandatpaul.com/portionfix
5. Deep Freeze: This might be a little bit of an extravagant item on my top 10 list. However, if you want to be able to buy proteins or veggies in bulk when they are on sale or you want to do freezer batch cooking this is an essential tool. I purchased a small rectangle chest freezer and find it fits everything we need to feed more than our little family and a bushel of corn on the cob that I put up every summer. http://fave.co/2C2EqCY
6. Mason Jars: The belle of many of a DIY project these containers are perfect sizes for overnight oats, yogurt parfaits, salads and anything you want to have completely sealed and not leak! http://amzn.to/2EmJROz
7. Food Storage Containers: This may seem silly to have more containers but sometimes I don’t have time or space to divvy everything up into individual portions and prefer to put my prepped items in the fridge and portion out as I go! http://amzn.to/2CvDms4
8. Sheet Pans: Another option that may seem like something you would have in the regular kitchen. I am not talking about a normal sheet ban. I am talking about the big mamma jamma because I want to roast all these veggies or cook this entire bag of chicken all at once!!!! http://amzn.to/2Cv7PXk
9. Baggies: I love baggies as they are quick and easy and are disposable. There are portion size ones that have markings on the sides which are great is you don’t want to have to dirty up a measuring cup for your veggies and hummus. http://amzn.to/2Cpskah
10. Meal Plan Printables: I love having a cute printable to plan out my meals and snacks for the week (by the way, creating that plan is totally on the list of posts to go out to everyone this week! Here are a few of my faves….
Do you have any other time saving or sanity saving tips to help keep meal prep simple? Drop them below!!
Make sure to subscribe so you get updated anytime new posts are added!!