The Hubster and I have been committed to 80 Day Obsession and one of the keys to the program is the nutrition. It made me so aware of how much I had begun to let my meal prep game slack. I hear so many people say that meals are their downfall on the health and wellness journey. Since they say abs are made in the kitchen it is essential that our eating be on track with what we are doing in the gym to make sure we get optimal results.
Without further ado… Amanda’s top 10 tools for meal prepping a snap!
1. Meal Prep Containers: Having containers that will allow you to portion out your meals and make your fridge or freezer a hub for healthy eating is essential. Here is a link to some of my favorites! http://amzn.to/2C1DSx6
2. Instant Pot: You may or may not be familiar with this handy dandy electric pressure cooker. It has absolutely revolutionized my meals and meal prep. I often double recipes and make enough for at least two dinners or a couple of lunches. Frozen chicken breasts in 15minutes? YES PLEASE!!! http://amzn.to/2qaXH3J
3. Smart Crock Pot: This is not your average crock pot. This has a timer you set and once it has completed the allotted time it automatically switches over to low. When you are working an 8+ hour day it feels nice to come home to completely dried out crock pot meals! http://amzn.to/2EpwSvk
4. Portion Fix Containers: These are the portion fix containers that you use with many Beachbody programs (like 21 Day Fix, Hammer & Chisel, Body Beast, 80 Day Obsession and more). I love them because they are perfectly portioned and are a great on the go container because each doesn’t just measure but has a lid too!!https://amandatpaul.com/portionfix
5. Deep Freeze: This might be a little bit of an extravagant item on my top 10 list. However, if you want to be able to buy proteins or veggies in bulk when they are on sale or you want to do freezer batch cooking this is an essential tool. I purchased a small rectangle chest freezer and find it fits everything we need to feed more than our little family and a bushel of corn on the cob that I put up every summer. http://fave.co/2C2EqCY
6. Mason Jars: The belle of many of a DIY project these containers are perfect sizes for overnight oats, yogurt parfaits, salads and anything you want to have completely sealed and not leak! http://amzn.to/2EmJROz
7. Food Storage Containers: This may seem silly to have more containers but sometimes I don’t have time or space to divvy everything up into individual portions and prefer to put my prepped items in the fridge and portion out as I go! http://amzn.to/2CvDms4
8. Sheet Pans: Another option that may seem like something you would have in the regular kitchen. I am not talking about a normal sheet ban. I am talking about the big mamma jamma because I want to roast all these veggies or cook this entire bag of chicken all at once!!!! http://amzn.to/2Cv7PXk
9. Baggies: I love baggies as they are quick and easy and are disposable. There are portion size ones that have markings on the sides which are great is you don’t want to have to dirty up a measuring cup for your veggies and hummus. http://amzn.to/2Cpskah
10. Meal Plan Printables: I love having a cute printable to plan out my meals and snacks for the week (by the way, creating that plan is totally on the list of posts to go out to everyone this week! Here are a few of my faves….
Do you have any other time saving or sanity saving tips to help keep meal prep simple? Drop them below!!
Make sure to subscribe so you get updated anytime new posts are added!!
Hey ya’ll! I wanted to talk a little bit about timed nutrition in 80 Day Obsession since we’re just a few weeks from launch.
As we’re preparing for 80 Day Obsession, there are some things you need to know and prep for and this whole timed nutrition business has been a big issue for some people.
We need to talk about it and help you GET READY (and help you not go CRAZY!)
The nutrition plan for A Little Obsessed was released a little over a week ago and in it Beachbody Super Trainer, Autumn Calabrese (of 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Master’s Hammer & Chisel and the upcoming 80 Day Obsession fame!) introduced the workout block!
This nutrition plan is a sneak peek into the timed nutrition concept that will be launching with 80 Day Obsession in January 2018! If you haven’t heard of what 80 Day Obsession can do for you hit me up and let’s talk about this total body transformation program that pairs an innovative timed nutrition plan with daily workouts designed to completely transform your body (THE RESULTS OF THE TEST GROUP ARE IN AND ARE MIND BLOWING).
A Little Obsessed is a week-long program inside Beachbody on Demand that introduces some of the same concepts that will be built upon in 80 Day Obsession and gives you 5 days of rocking ab, glute, core, arm and total body work! But, back to the nutrition plan…
People have been freaking out about how to set up their nutrition for A Little Obsessed. So, I thought I would share how I plan out my workout block as well as the rest of my day! Check it out!!
How can YOU join me for 80 Day Obsession?
- If you’re ready to get started with Beachbody RIGHT NOW then click right here to sign up with the 80 Day Obsession & Shakeology Challenge Pack (this includes your first month of Shakelology that you may choose to continue for a monthly recurring fee) and get ready to go on January 15th! When you sign up as a customer, I’ll add you to my 80 Day Obsession Challenge group for support!
- If you have questions, send me a message here and I’ll answer your questions and help you get started!
- If you’re ready to get started with 80 Day Obsession AND want to help others as a Coach, get your Challenge Pack and then send me a message here or on Facebook and say “I WANNA BE A COACH!”
Let’s get ready to be OBSESSED in the new year and reach our goals and dreams TOGETHER!
On today’s episode of I’m Just Sayin’ Ya’ll I conquer the age old question of dressing your age. Ugh… I really, seriously hate that the general public has so many opinions on what we do with own bodies and selves!! I also hate to hear that we buy in and worry what people are thinking and saying about us.
I will say that how I dress and being confident in my own skin is an ongoing challenge for me. It has been for a long time. Being a plus size teen who was trying to not look like a MawMaw in the 90s when cute plus size fashion was not a thing probably set the stage for my self consciousness about my own wardrobe.
I am challenging us to take back our closets and to reinvent what our personal style is to include whatever the heck we want it to!!! So, go in your closet and drawers today and throw out, donate or shred everything that doesn’t make you feel good about you. Then start working on a wardrobe that makes you feel AMAZING!! I totally wanna see pics when you do this too!
Without further ado…my thoughts on dressing our age.
Here’s to being amazing and confident women!
One of the biggest things I have been doing on this journey is making sure that I only eat foods that taste good. If they taste good I will want to eat them and won’t feel deprived. So, I wanted to share five MUST HAVE best spices for everyday cooking (and 3 honorable mention seasoning blends). Not only do they taste great but they have some amazing health benefits!!
Check out my video at the end of the post to learn how I use them in my cooking!
My Top 5 Superhero Spices!
Superhero Spice #1 – Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a great source of antioxidants. It also has some amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
Muscle soreness, anyone?
It helps fight diabetes, infections, and viruses and it is an awesome natural breath freshener. Nobody wants stank breath!!
I have recently started using toasted Saigon cinnamon and it is life changing!! So much better than then the little tins that I used for cinnamon toast back in the day!
Superhero Spice #2 – Pink Himalayan Salt
This salt packs a whopping 84 minerals and trace elements that we don’t get from regular table salt- like calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron.
One of the reasons for this mineral and element boost is because it is usually minimally processed. It helps to balance the body’s pH which helps to foster immunity and encourages good digestion. This pink beauty also helps reduce cramping and encourages healthy blood sugar levels.
Superhero Spice #3 – Cumin
Cumin, with its great earthy quality, lends itself to lots of my favorite dishes (my own favorite blend for cooking Mexican food is in the video below).
Cumin aids in digestion, helps to eliminate phlegm and mucus (which everyone who lives in Kentucky has this time of year), and improves cognitive performance (makes ya smarter ya’ll). It can also help with anemia symptoms, boost immunity and fight viral infections.
Superhero Spice #4 – Paprika
Ok… let’s stop for a minute so I can say that I put this ON EVERYTHING (I used the smoked variety).
I used to think it never really tasted like anything and you just put a dash on the top of your deviled eggs to make ’em look pretty. I was just using the wrong kind.
Good, quality paprika tastes amazing and has some GREAT health benefits. Paprika is antioxidant rich to help the body to fight disease. It also has the potential to help you regulate blood sugar levels, helps in eye health and keeps your heart strong…. and did I mention it tastes AWESOME?!?!
Superhero Spice #5 – Turmeric
I like to think that Turmeric is the absolute superhero of these five all-star spices. It helps boost cognitive function and promotes healthy mood balance (which is great); however, my favorite is that it supports joint and muscle health and FIGHTS INFLAMMATION!
As a gal who has struggled with sciatic pain for years and now recovering from a hip sprain, I have been using this spice on the regular. It actually has the same impact as Ibuprofen according to research. I can tell you my own experiences are that I can tell a difference when I haven’t had it!
Honorable Mention Seasoning Blends
As these three have some added salt I don’t recommend them as much as the top five above but they taste amazing and make my taste buds happy!! All three come from the amazing Trader Joes but are also available on Amazon through the links below.
If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby and haven’t been there… number 1 GASP! Number 2…make a trip happen this weekend.
- Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning – an awesome blend of onion, garlic, salt, poppy seeds and sesame seeds!
- Everyday Seasoning – This grinder adds some really zesty awesomeness to dishes! Has peppercorns in it so be cautious if you have a pepper hater in your home (that would be my daughter in our house).
- 21 Seasoning Salute – This blend of everything but the kitchen sink goes in all kinds of savory dishes around here.
Looking for some ideas on how to use these? Check out my video below!!
Remember I am still working to hit 100 Youtube Subscribers!! Once I hit 100 I am doing a giveaway!! Want details? Go HERE!
Comment below any other superhero spices or favorite spice blends for me to try out!!
Want to hear my opinion about anything? Submit a question and I will answer it on an episode of “I’m Just Sayin’ Y’all!” – my weekly video where answer YOUR questions with my own sassy thoughts!! Submit your questions HERE!
Ya’ll Take Care!
Hey ya’ll! Recently I have found myself benched on my health and fitness journey by a nasty hip sprain that occurred during a country line dancing workout, believe it or not! I seriously don’t know where those multiple years of ballet, tap and jazz have gone!! So, in honor of #MotivationMonday I thought I would share how I am choosing to stay motivated in the midst of a complete plot twist in my life (Insert plot twist music here… DUH DUH DUUUHHHHHH!!!!! You get extra cool points if you inserted music at this moment in the article).
The old me would have used this as a perfect excuse to live it up Little Debbie style and stuff my face and to not exercise. Thankfully, I am not that girl anymore and used handy dandy You Tube to search out some seated workouts. However, it got me to thinking…how can we stay motivated even in the midst of an unexpected bump in the road?
I know there are times where motivation can be scarce, particularly if you have had an injury or the scale and measurements aren’t moving the way you think they should. However, motivation is what will carry you through those dark times. I am going to share with you one of the pictures I have started using to help keep me motivated. Man, oh man, the difference a year makes.
And, thankfully the bottom left picture showed up on a day I was feeling frumpy and down on myself and motivated me to get up and push play on a workout I so did not want to do. Do you have those days too? See how I have decided to change that in my video below:
Ya’ll take care!